Bacula PostgreSQL Plugin
Bacula PostgreSQL Plugin is a utility which support a backup and restore of PostgreSQLdatabase with Bacula network backup system. PGSQL-FD Plugin loads into a Bacula File Daemon using a Bacula Plugin API. It is a first fully functional and publicly available Bacula File Daemon Plugin. Plugin support an online (Hot) backup of database files and database transaction logs (WAL) archiving (with pgsql-archlog) and backup. With online database and transaction logs backup plugin can perform Poin-In-Time-Restore up to a single selected transaction or date/time. Database recovery is performed fully automatic with dedicated pgsql-restore utility.
PGSQL-FD Plugin was funded and developed by Inteos Sp. z o.o..
- Bacula source code. It could be Community or Enterprise version
- compiler utilities and libraries
- PostgreSQL development library – libpq-dev
- PostgreSQL catalog database – recommended Bacula catalog
- All about building and installing Inteos PGSQL Plugin you can find on Install page.
- Required pre configuration steps on PostgreSQL catalog database (Bacula catalog) you can find on Catalog configuration page.
- Plugin configuration file is described on Configuration files page.
- Bacula FileSet configuration.
- PostgreSQL instance WAL archiving configuration page.
- Archived WAL Bacula backup Job page.
- PostgreSQL database files Bacula backup Job page.
- Bacula console resource configuration.
- Automatic Point-In-Time-Recovery with pgsql-restore.
- Manual recovery.