Home Domotics + Internet of Things Part One
Hi to all, Internet of Thing his here !! I Just started to implement Internet of Things in my house.
This his the begining of personal project … i will try to explain everything.
First the objectives
- Wireless Temperature and Humidity Monitor inside the House and Outside
- Implement i wireless CCTV security System
- Control the Lights and Windows
- Control the temperature of the House Air Coiditioneer or Heaters
- Control the Garden
- Implement Wireless Door Bell with Remote calls to your Mobile
- Starting to have IF-THEN-ELSE thing with all Things inside the House
- Implement media Center to access Movies/Pictures, Store Internet of Things Data
- In the Future …. will see
The Hardware I already have :
- One wireless Router connect to the Internet
Wireless Temperature and Humidity Monitor inside the House
I choose to do things cheap and divide in small parts, but if in the future i want to change everything, i am able to change very quick without expending to much money.
For the temperature and humidity i choose the NODEMCU Platform because its cheap (2 € ), its easy to learn and already has lots of sensors, leds, and other things that you can integrate and has i wireless Antena. Please check NodeMCU .
I will try keep everything simple, without to much code, just connecting blocks.
- NodeMCU board 2 €
- SI7021 Temperature/Humidity sensor 2 €
- Mobile Phone Usb 5V Charger 2 €
- Oled Display 4 €
In this starting phase, i will do this on breadboard but in the future i will try put that in nice case.
Here Some Pictures
1 – Transform the NODEMCU in webserver with this firmware : ESPEASY
The ESP Easy firmware can be used to turn the ESP module into an easy multifunction sensor device for Home Automation solutions like Domoticz. Configuration of the ESP Easy is entirely web based, so once you’ve got the firmware loaded, you don’t need any other tool besides a common web browser.
The ESP Easy firmware is currently at build R78 an looks stable enough for production purposes as long as it’s being used as a sensor device.
ESP Easy also offers limited “low level” actuator functions but due to system instability, this could be less useful in real life applications.
Use this Tutorial to update the firmware – Please check which version of NodeMCU you have .
2. Configure the NODEMCU with this tutorial
3. Configure the NODEMCU with the SSID Wireless